2023 CHRISTMAS BASKET PROGRAM SEEKING VOLUNTEERS
The Limon Methodist Church is excited to continue the long tradition of the Christmas Basket Program for Lincoln County.
Last year we had an increase in the participants in the Christmas Basket Program. In 2022, the program served 97 families with 312 individuals of which 144 were children. An even greater need is expected this year. The program is hoping the community will be able to help once again.
“The success and growth of the program would not be possible without your help,” said Tami Williams, Christmas Basket Program coordinator. “I want to personally thank you for the very generous support to the program. You have very big hearts. I also wanted to share with you that the food and gifts are bought locally as much as possible. We believe in supporting the local businesses whenever possible. They in turn help support the program. On behalf of the Limon Methodist Church, we truly appreciate everything you do to make each year a success. If you have any questions or concerns about the Christmas Basket Program, please contact me. God Bless.”
Christmas Basket Volunteer Opportunities are:
• Monday, Dec. 4 – Sort donated food and prepare for food bagging from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Sloppy Joe lunch provided)
• Tuesday, Dec. 5 – Bag 240 sacks of food. Box donated food for each family from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Chili lunch provided)
• Wednesday, Dec. 6 – Sort angel gifts for sponsor pickup from 9:30 a.m. - Noon
• Thursday, Dec. 7 – Assist sponsors picking up food. Continue bagging donated food from 8 a.m. - Noon
• Thursday, Dec. 14 – Wrap gifts from 9:30 a.m. to Noon or until done (Soup lunch provided)
All volunteer activities are at the Limon Methodist Church located at 770 B Avenue.
Contact Tami Williams at 719-760-0705 if you are able to help.
Please support The Limon Leader by subscribing today!